- Search phrases are terms that describe your business and help determine when your ad should appear for a potential customer.
- You can view your search phrases and their performance in your AdWords Express dashboard.
Choose an optionComputer
View your search phrases
Your AdWords Express dashboard will display the search phrases assigned to your ad. To see top-performing search phrases in your account, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account at https://adwords.google.com/express/
- Click the business.
- Click See more.
- Scroll down to “Search phrases” for a list of words or phrases for your ad. You’ll also see clicks and views that came from each search phrase.
How search phrases workTry it now How searches are matched to your ads
When you sign up for AdWords Express or create a new ad, you'll be asked to choose a business product or service. Based on the product or service that you choose, we'll add a list of related words or phrases to your ad, known as “search phrases”. Now, whenever someone in your targeted area searches for those phrases on Google or Google Maps, your ad can appear and help attract a new customer to your business.
You can’t change, remove, or add the search phrases assigned to your ad. If your search phrases aren’t a good fit for your business, it may be helpful to review and update the product or service that you've chosen. We analyze the performance of search phrases and gather feedback regularly to make improvements.
You're advertising your pet store in AdWords Express, and your list of search phrases includes words like pet food, pet products, and pet supplies. When someone searches for pet food on Google, your AdWords Express ad can appear.
How we match your ad to searches
Your ad can show when someone searches for your search phrase or a variation of it, so you can reach a wider audience.
Let's say you own a hat shop and one of your search phrases is hats. Your ad may also show for searches such as hat, sun hats, and caps.
The ability to edit keyword matching options isn't available in AdWords Express at this time, but we'll automatically apply a match type to each of your search phrases that we think is most suitable.
We include your business name as a search phrase so that your sponsored offer will appear for potential customers searching for your business. Using your business name as a search phrase helps increase exposure by making your business eligible to appear in both the sponsored and organic search results.
We keep your ad from appearing for terms that we’ve found to be unrelated to your business category.
Your hat shop ad shows for searches related to hats. However, based on your business category, we’ll keep your ad from appearing for searches related to Cat in the Hat.
See your search phrases
When you open the AdWords Express mobile app, we’ll show you a list of the businesses associated with your account.
- Touch the name of your business.
- Touch your ad to see your basic ad summary.
- Touch the ad again to see more detailed data. Scroll to the "Top search phrases" section.
- Touch the "Top search phrases" to see a more detailed list of search phrases, including views and clicks for each phrase.