Business products and services
- The business products and services that you choose help determine which search phrases are associated with your ads.
- If you'd like to advertise several different products or services that your business offers, you can set up multiple ads for each one.
How products and services work
When you sign up for AdWords Express or create a new ad, you'll tell us what product or service you'd like to advertise, such as "Dentist", "Hair Salon" or "Car Dealer".
The product or service that you select helps determine the search phrases that will be associated with your ads, so make sure that you choose a business category that is accurate and specific. Whenever someone in your targeted radius searches for your search phrases on Google or Google Maps, your ad can appear and help attract a new customer to your business.
If the product or service that you'd like to advertise isn’t available when you sign up for AdWords Express, please fill in this feedback form. We're working on supporting more business types, and we'd love to hear from you.
Multiple products and services
AdWords Express allows you to create multiple ads for your business. In each ad, you can specify a different product or service that your business offers. Choosing a different product or service will also give you a different set of search phrases.
You own a furniture shop that also specialises in office furniture. You create two ads for your business: one with the business type “Furniture shop” and the other with the business type “Office furniture”. This allows you to promote your office furniture selection separately.
Edit your products and services
You can edit your product or service at any time. Remember, the product or service that you choose determines the search phrases that are used with your ad. If you edit your product or service, we'll also change the search phrases used to determine when your ads will appear.
Click the link below for instructions on how to change your business product or service.How to change your current product or service (computer)
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account at https://adwords.google.co.uk/express/
- Click on the business with the ad.
- Click on the arrow next to your ad. From the drop-down menu, select Edit ad audience.
- Look for the section with the question "What is the product or service that you want to advertise?" and update your information.
- Click on Save to update your information.
- Find the business that you'd like to edit and touch View ads.
- Touch the appropriate ad to bring up the ad details.
- Scroll down to the "Products and services" card and touch Edit.
- Update the product and service information, and then touch Save.
- Understand how search phrases affect when your ads will appear.
- How to choose the right business product or service to improve your search phrases.
- Create a new ad for your business.