Business products and services
- The business products and services that you choose help determine which search phrases your ad will appear next to.
- If your business offers several different product or services, and you’d like to advertise each of them, you can set up a different ad for each one.
How products and services work
When you sign up for AdWords Express or create a new ad, you'll tell us what product or service you'd like to advertise, such as "Dentist", "Hair Salon", or "Car Dealer."
The product or service that you select helps determine the search phrases your ad will appear next to, so be sure to choose a business category that is accurate and specific. Whenever someone in your targeted radius searches for your search phrases on Google or Google Maps, your ad can appear and help attract a new customer to your business.
If the product or service you'd like to advertise isn't available when you sign up for AdWords Express, please fill out this feedback form. We're working on supporting more business types, and we'd love to hear from you.
Multiple products and services
AdWords Express allows you to create multiple ads for your business. In each ad, you can specify a different product or service that your business offers. Choosing a different product or service will also give you a different set of search phrases.
You own a furniture store that also specializes in office furniture. You create two ads for your business: one with the business type “Furniture store”, and the other with the business type “Office furniture.” This allows you to promote your office furniture selection separately.
Edit your products and services
You can edit your product or service at any time. Remember, the product or service you choose determines the search phrases your ad will appear next to. If you edit your product or service, we'll also change the search phrases used to determine when your ads appear.
Click the link below for instructions to change your business product or service.
How to change your current product or service
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Tap Dashboard next to the ad you want to view.
- Scroll the page down. Under "Your ad settings," click Edit in the "Product or service" card.
- Edit as needed.
- Click Save.
- Understand how search phrases affect when your ads will appear.
- How to choose the right business product or service to improve your search phrases.
- Create a new ad for your business.