Set up call clicks
Call clicks are the number of times potential customers tapped the "Call" button in your ad from mobile devices. Knowing the approximate number of calls coming from your ad can help you understand your ad's effectiveness in driving business. Your ad can also generate calls by directing people to your website. But, those calls aren't included in this number.
If your business is in a country where call reporting is available, you'll see the "Track your ad" option when you enter a phone number.
How to set up call clicks
You can set up call clicks for any new ad that you create.
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Click the My business drop-down menu, and then click the name of the business you're creating an ad for.
- Click Create new ad.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to choose your audience and write your ad text.
On the "Track your ad" page, select Add call clicks.
To see this option, you'll need to add a phone number first when creating your ad.
- Click Next.
- Follow the instructions to set your budget and finish creating your ad.
- Need help or have questions? Troubleshoot call reporting issues.