Edit your budget
At some point, you may want to increase or decrease your budget. You can change your daily budget at any time and as many times as you like. We'll explain how to make changes, as well as how much you'll be charged.
What happens when you change your budget
With AdWords Express, you set an average daily budget, which we’ll multiply by the number of days in the month to come up with your maximum monthly budget:
- Average daily budget X Number of days in the month = Maximum monthly budget
If you change your budget in the middle of a billing period, the maximum amount that you'll be charged for the month will change:
- Maximum charge for the month = Total amount campaign spent before the budget change + (New average daily budget X Number of days remaining in the month)
So, the total charge is a result of two separate calculations.
- First, you'll be charged for the spend that your campaign accumulated up to the time that you changed your daily budget.
- Second, for the rest of the month, you'll be charged, at most, your new daily budget multiplied by the number of days left in the month (including the day that you made the change).
Mary selects an average daily budget of $10. On the 11th day of the month, Mary changes her daily budget to $20. There are 30 days in the current month, so her budget for first 10 days is $10 per day. Her daily budget for the remaining 20 days is $20 per day.
Click the link below for instructions to change your budget.How to edit your budget
When you change your daily budget, you'll see the adjustments immediately in your account. Click the link below for instructions to edit your budget.
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account at http://adwords.google.com/express/
- Click the business listing with the ad.
- Click the arrow at the top right of the card. From the dropdown menu, select Edit budget.
- Select a new budget or enter your own custom budget.
- Click OK to save your changes.