Switching from manual to automatic payments
With AdWords Express, you can make payments before your ads show (manual payments) or automatically make payments after your ads show (automatic payments). These are known as payment settings.
Available payment settings depend on your currency and the location of your business. If you're currently on manual payments, you can change your setting to automatic payments at any time. However, once you switch from manual to automatic payments, the option to switch back to manual payments isn't available.
Change your payment setting to automatic payments
To switch from manual payments (pay before your ads run) to automatic payments (pay after your ads run), you'll need to have a primary payment method assigned. If you have more than one payment method on file when you switch to automatic payments, we'll automatically pick a primary payment method for you.
How to update your payment setting
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Click Billing.
- In the Settings card, click Manage settings.
- Under "Payments account," see under "How you pay" if your payment method is manual or automatic.
- To update your payment method, see this article in the Google payments Help Center.