Set up a bank account as direct debit
With bank account (also known as direct debit) billing, Google automatically deducts your AdWords Express costs from your bank account. Read on to learn how bank account works and how to set one up in your account.
How it works
- If you use automatic payments
We'll process your payment after you've accrued advertising costs. You'll be billed 30 days after your last automatic charge, or when your costs reach a certain amount (known as your billing threshold), whichever comes first.
- If you use manual payments
On this setting, just save your bank account details in your AdWords Express account and verify your bank account. Once set up, you can use the "Make a payment" button on your billing summary page to make manual payments. Keep in mind that payments by bank account can take up to five days to process.
Set up direct debit
Click the link below to see instructions for adding a bank account as your payment method.
How to set up a bank account as your payment method
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Click Billing settings tab.
- Under "Your selections", click Add a new payment method.
- Select Bank account, fill out your bank information, and agree to the terms and conditions provided.
- Click Save.