Using a backup credit card
Life is unpredictable. Sometimes, a credit card can be, too. That's why having a backup credit card can save the day—and your ads.
A backup credit card serves as a safety net. If your primary payment method doesn't work for some reason, we'll charge your costs to your backup credit card. This ensures that your ads keep running.
You can use a backup credit card if you're using the automatic payment setting (you pay after your ads run). A backup credit card will be charged only if your primary payment method doesn't work. You can designate a credit or debit card as a backup, but not a bank account.
Follow the steps to add a backup payment below.
Set up a backup payment method
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Click the Billing settings tab.
- Under "Your selections", click Add a new payment method.
- Fill out your payment information, then click Save.
- Back on the "Billing settings" page, find the credit card you just added, click Set as backup.
- Click Save.
- Learn about automatic payments.