Choose the right category for your business
With AdWords Express, you choose your category, and we’ll use that info to add relevant search phrases to your ad. If you feel that your category or search phrases aren't a good fit, we’ve outlined some tips below to help.
- Choose the most relevant business category: The more relevant your category is, the more relevant your search phrases will be, too. If your category doesn’t seem to be accurate, or perhaps your business has changed since you set up your ad, you can change your category at any time.
Category not available?
If your category isn't available when you sign up for AdWords Express, please fill out this feedback form. We're always working on adding new categories and would love to hear from you.
- Avoid indirectly related categories: Avoid a category that isn’t directly related to your business. While a children’s furniture store might want to attract parents searching for children’s clothing, the furniture store might end up paying for clicks from parents looking for clothing, not furniture! Describing your business accurately helps attract users that are interested in exactly what your business provides.
- Create separate ads: You can always run ads for multiple categories by creating more than one ad. You can even allocate more of your advertising budget to one of your ads if you want to highlight that aspect of your business.
Is AdWords right for you?
For more control over your online advertising, you may want to consider our sister product, AdWords. AdWords allows you to specify the exact words that you’d like to target, and also offers a feature called location extensions that allows you to display your business info in your ads, like AdWords Express.
- If there isn't a category related to your business, send us your feedback.
- View or edit your category in AdWords Express.
- View your search phrases and understand how they work in AdWords Express.