Using promotional codes (coupons)
- Promotional codes (also known as coupons or vouchers) offer a credit to an advertiser's account. There's no way to ask for a promotional code, but Google and our partners will occasionally give out promotional codes as part of specific offers.
- Most offers require you to meet certain criteria before the credit will show up in your account, and they're typically for new advertisers as a helpful way to get started with AdWords Express.
How promotional codes work
|1. Redeem the promo code in your account.
(You won't see the credit applied just yet.)
|2. Fulfill the requirement mentioned in the offer.
(For example, spend $25.)
|3. Find the credit in your account within 5 business days.
Keep in mind
- Promotional codes are typically limited to one per customer, and are often for new advertisers only. Most offers require accounts to meet certain criteria before credit is applied. Check the terms that came with your promotional code for details about your offer.
- An expiration date usually applies, so keep in mind that you might have to redeem your promotional code within a limited period.
- From time to time, we might have an introductory offer like "Spend $25, get $50." In order to get the $50 credit, you'll have to apply the promo code within 14 days of creating your account and then get at least $25 worth of clicks in your account after redeeming the code. After spending $25, you'll then see the $50 credit appear in your account within 5 business days. We only count the amount you spend after redeeming the code. If you spent $25 before redeeming the code, that amount won't count towards your offer.
Where to enter your promotional code
Click the link below for instructions to add your promotional code.How to add your promo code
When you set up billing for your AdWords Express account, you'll be able to redeem your promotional code. We’ll be sure to apply it once your account is eligible to receive the credit (per the terms and conditions of your offer).
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account at http://adwords.google.com/express/
- At the top right corner, click the gear icon and select Billing from the dropdown menu.
- Set up your billing profile and click Continue.
- Enter your payment method.
- Next to "Do you have a promotion code?", click Enter it here.
- Enter your promotional code and click Continue.
How promotional codes work with manual and automatic payments
As you know, you can pay your AdWords costs manually (manual payments) or automatically (automatic payments). The setting you use affects how your promotional code will work. Here's what you'll need to know:Automatic payments
If you're using automatic payments, all you need to do is enter the code and start advertising. After your account meets any necessary criteria mentioned in the promotional material, the credit will appear in your account within 5 business days. For example, if the offer says you need to spend $25, you'll need to accrue at least $25 worth of clicks before the credit appears in your account.
Once you use up all of your promotional credit, all your advertising costs will then be charged to the form of payment you've entered in your account. As always with AdWords Express, you can stop advertising at any time by pausing your promotion. Paused promotions won't accrue any extra costs.
If you're using manual payments, you'll need to enter the code and then meet any necessary criteria mentioned in the promotional material. For example, if the offer says you need to spend $25, you'll need to make a manual payment of at least $25 and also spend the $25 entirely by accruing enough clicks. After spending the required amount, you should then see the credit appear in your account within 5 business days.
If you're on manual payments, it's a good idea to make an initial payment that's a little more than the requirement, because AdWords Express will stop serving your ads when you don't have enough credit in your account.
Have more questions about AdWords Express?
Contact us via phone or email! We’re here to help.