Keyword Planner: Search for new keywords
With Keyword Planner, you can find new keyword ideas for your Search Network campaigns that are relevant to your product, service and target customers. Keyword Planner will show you historical statistics such as search volume data for these keywords so that you can decide whether to add them to your campaigns.
This article goes over how you can use Keyword Planner to get search volume data and find new keywords that are relevant to your business.
Before you begin
To access Keyword Planner, sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.co.uk/KeywordPlanner.
- Click on Search for new keyword and ad group ideas.
- Enter one or more of the following in the boxes that appear:
- Words or phrases that describe what you're advertising
- The URL of a page on your website or your entire website
- A category relevant to your product or service
- Click on Get ideas.
- Review your keywords from the Ad group ideas tab (which you'll see by default) or the Keyword ideas tab.
- Add ideas: To add more keywords to an ad group, click on the ad group and then click the double arrows » next to the keyword that you want to add.
- Remove ideas: To remove a keyword in an ad group, click on the ad group and then on the X next to the keyword that you want to remove. To remove an entire ad group, click on the X next to that ad group.
- Change bid range: Adjust the range of max CPC bids to get click and cost estimates for the keywords in your plan.
To get keyword ideas generated from your whole website and not just from the single page you entered, add and then verify your site. If your account is managed, the account owner must add and verify site ownership. After you add and verify your site, it can take up to a month to see keyword ideas generated from your whole website.