Drive Offline Sales with Online Ads: Google Best Practices
A customer’s interaction with you can start online and then finish in your local store or physical business location. Here are 6 tips to help you enhance your local marketing ads and optimize them to drive foot traffic to your business.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through what’s needed to turn those ready-to-buy online shoppers into satisfied offline customers. We’ll show you how to:
- Enhance your online ads to be more helpful for those looking to visit one of your business locations
- Improve the chances that the right person will see your ads through smarter targeting and bidding
- Track and measure the incremental offline value of your online efforts
- Fine-tune your campaigns for maximum return to your business factoring both online and offline conversions
1. Drive foot traffic with location extensions
- Show ads with more locally relevant information by adding location extensions.
- Use location extension to reach folks close to your business.
Why: Increase the likelihood that your ads are shown to people who are nearby and may be more likely to buy.
2. Measuring the full value of your online ads
- Estimate the amount of offline sales that is driven by your online ads.
Why: Understand the full return from your local marketing and online ads by accounting for the additional conversions that can happen offline.
3. Optimizing for Omni-channel Performance
- Optimize your campaigns for maximum return from both online and offline conversions.
Why: Use AdWords campaign performance data to fine tune how you invest online so that you can maximize total conversions instead of just online conversions.
This video references the previous version of AdWords. Learn how to check which version you're using.
A customer’s interaction with you can start online and then finish offline - like in a store. This video series will show you how to enhance and target your online ads to drive offline sales and how to optimize them for success.