Improve your account with Opportunities
Before you begin
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
Ads and ad groups
Ad and ad group opportunities help you edit and refine your ads, show your best ads most often, and organize your ads into better ad groups. You might see these opportunities:
- Create more ads: Get better performing ad groups by finding out which ads appeal to your customers.
- Add sitelink extensions: Get people to specific pages on your website.
- Add callout extensions: Promote popular or unique aspects of your business.
- Add structured snippets: Make your ads more prominent and improve your CTR.
- Create new ad groups from existing ones: Group your keywords into themes and create more relevant ads.
- Optimize your ad rotation: Show your best ads to get more clicks or conversions.
Keywords, targeting, and reach
Keyword, targeting, and reach opportunities can help you reach more people who are interested in what you offer. You might see these opportunities:
- Add keywords: Reach more potential customers as they search on Google.
- Add negative keywords: Prevent your ads from showing on irrelevant searches.
- Broaden your keyword matches to include “phrase match” or “broad match”: Show your ads on searches that include your keyword, or a close variation of it.
- Target Google search partners: Show your ads on Google search partner websites.
- Add the Display Network: Reach additional customers at a lower CPC.
- Show ads on mobile devices: Expand your reach to mobile.
- Improve your mobile site: Improve your impact and conversion rates by creating a mobile-friendly website.
- Add audiences: Get information on people who are important to you.
Bids and budgets
Bid and budget opportunities can help you get more impressions and clicks. They may also help you improve your Ad Rank. You might see these opportunities:
- Raise your budgets: Keep your ads running on your busiest days.
- Use standard ad delivery: Stretch out your limited budget.
- Raise your bids: Show your ads more often than advertisers like you.
- Lower your bids: Get more clicks for the same budget.
- Use estimated top of page bids: Show your ads above search results.
- Use estimated first page bids: Show your ads on the first page of search results.
- Use estimated first position bids: Show your ads at the top of search results.
- Change your keyword bids: Invest more in keywords that convert well.
- Set location bid adjustments: Focus on areas where visitors are most likely to convert.
- Change mobile bid adjustments: Be more competitive on mobile.
- Set ad scheduling bid adjustments: Get more clicks during less expensive parts of the day.
- Change product group bids in your Shopping campaign: Get more traffic for the same cost.
- Use Target CPA bidding: Get as many conversions as possible at the Target CPA you set.
- Set audience bid adjustments: Reach people who are important to you.
- Change video bids: Get more views by increasing your bids.
Account Health Score for Search
Account Health Score for Search measures how well your Search Network campaigns are configured and gives you a set of recommendations that will raise your score and help your campaigns' performance. This is a good place to start for advertisers who want to better understand how to optimize their campaigns. Learn more about your Account Health Score for Search.
Working with opportunities
Organize your opportunities
To more effectively manage and evaluate your opportunities, use the filter and sort options from the drop-down menu:
- Filter: Filter your opportunities to focus in on certain criteria. For example, you can filter your new keyword opportunities by campaign to only see opportunities that are related to a certain campaign.
- Sort: Sort your opportunities according to your goals. For example, you can sort your new keyword opportunities by relevance, change in clicks or impressions, or campaign name.
Apply an opportunity
To apply an opportunity, first click View on the opportunity you want to use, then click Apply. To apply all opportunities within a specific type, click Apply all in the top left of the page. New keywords may need to await review and approval before they are eligible to trigger your ad.
If you apply an opportunity in error, you can undo it in "Change history."
Wait some time before evaluating how your applied opportunities have affected your account’s performance.All of the approved opportunities you've applied will appear in your account's change history.
You know your products and goals best. If an opportunity doesn't seem relevant to your ad campaign or appropriate for your advertising goals, you can hide it by clicking the X in the corner. If you change your mind, click Show opportunities at the bottom of the page to see your hidden opportunities again.
Why you might not see opportunities
Opportunities won't always be available for every campaign at all times. There are a few common reasons why you might not see opportunities.
- Your account doesn't have any billing information. Find out how to submit your billing information.
- Your account doesn’t have any campaigns. Learn how to create a campaign.
- Your ads aren't receiving any traffic. Learn more about why your ad might not be showing.
- Your ads recently started running.
- Or best of all: Your campaigns are already optimized.
If you don’t see opportunities in your tab, be sure to check back again soon—AdWords regularly discovers opportunities for you, and also launches new opportunity types.