Add audience targeting (interests and remarketing lists) to an ad group
You can show your ads to specific audiences according to their interests whether they're gamers, pet lovers or looking to purchase a car or home. The ability to show your ads to such people with specific interests can help you reach the right customers. You can do this in AdWords by adding audiences to your ad groups.
This article contains step-by-step instructions on how to add or copy audiences throughout your ad groups or campaigns. Bear in mind, audience targeting is not available for all campaign types.
Before you begin
In the previous AdWords experience, audience targeting appears:
- under the "Interests & remarketing" section in the "Display Network" tab for Display campaigns
- OR in the "Audiences" tab in Search campaigns
In the new AdWords experience, "Audiences" targeting appears in the page menu. For video campaigns, read Add targeting to your video campaigns
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
Add audience targeting to your campaign or ad group
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Audiences in the page menu.
- Click the plus button .
- Click Select an ad group and then select a campaign and ad group from the list that appears.
- You can also search for the campaign or ad group you want to update.
- Select the type of audiences you want your campaign to reach.
- Affinity audiences: Show your ads to unique audiences based on their lifestyles, buying habits and long-term interests.
- Custom affinity audiences: Show your ads to unique audiences based on the affinity selections that you choose to define your custom audience.
- In-market audiences: Find customers who are searching for and are considering buying a product your service like yours.
- Custom intent audiences: Find customers by using keywords and URLs related to products and services your ideal audience is actively researching.
- Auto-created intent audiences: AdWords automatically generates custom in-market audiences for niche groups that aren't covered by the predefined Google Audiences. These audiences are created based on an analysis of your existing AdWords campaigns.
- Remarketing and similar audiences: Show your ads to people who have visited your website or viewed your videos.
- This includes remarketing lists.
- Click the tick box next to the audiences you want to add.
- Click Save