Add audience targeting (interests and remarketing lists) to an ad group
You can show your ads to specific audiences according to their interests, whether they're gamers, pet lovers or are interested in purchasing a car or home. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions to add audiences like these (and more) to your ad groups.
The ability to show your ads online to people with specific interests can help you to reach the right customers. You can do this in AdWords by adding audiences to your ad groups.
This article explains how to add audiences to your ad group or campaign and copy audiences from one ad group to another. Bear in mind, audience targeting is not available for all campaign types.
Before you start
In the previous AdWords experience, the audience targeting appears under the "Interests & remarketing" section in the "Display Network" tab for Display campaigns, or in the "Audiences" tab in Search campaigns. In the new AdWords experience, "Audiences" targeting appears in the page menu. For video campaigns, read Add targeting to your video campaigns
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
Add audience targeting to your campaign or ad group
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.co.uk.
- Click Audiences in the page menu.
- Click the plus button .
- Click “Select an ad group” and then select a campaign and ad group from the list that appears. You can also search for the campaign or ad group you want to update.
- Select the type of audiences you want your campaign to reach.
- Affinity audiences: Show your ads to unique audiences based on their lifestyles, buying habits and long-term interests.
- In-market audiences: Find customers who are researching and may be likely to buy products and services like those that you offer.
- Remarketing and similar audiences: Show your ads to people who have visited your website before or viewed your videos. This includes remarketing lists.
- Select the tick box next to the audiences you'd like to add. This will add them to your targeting.
- Click on Save.