Add audience targeting (interests and remarketing lists) to an ad group
You can show your ads to specific audiences according to their interests, whether they're gamers, pet lovers, or are interested in purchasing a car or home. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions to add audiences like these (and more) to your ad groups.
The ability to show your ads online to people with specific interests can help you reach the right customers. You can do this in AdWords by adding audiences to your ad groups.
This article explains how to add audiences to your ad group or campaign and copy audiences from one ad group to another. Keep in mind, audience targeting is not available for all campaign types.
Before you begin
In the previous AdWords experience, the audience targeting appears under the "Interests & remarketing" section in the "Display Network" tab for Display campaigns, or in the "Audiences" tab in Search campaigns. In the new AdWords experience, "Audiences" targeting appears in the page menu. For video campaigns, read Add targeting to your video campaigns
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
Add audience targeting to your ad group
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com
- Click Audiences in the page menu.
- Click the plus button .
- Click “Select an ad group” and then select a campaign and ad group from the list that appears. You can also search for the campaign or ad group you want to update.
- Select the type of audiences you want your campaign to reach.
- Affinity audiences: Show your ads to unique audiences based on their lifestyles, buying habits, and long-term interests.
- Custom affinity audiences: Show your ads to unique audiences based on the affinity selections that you choose to define your custom audience.
- In-market audiences: Find customers who are researching and are actively considering buying a service or product like those you offer.
- Custom intent audiences: Find In-market customers by using keywords and URLs related to products and services this audience is actively researching.
- Auto-created intent audiences: AdWords automatically generates custom in-market audiences for niche audience groups that aren’t covered by the predefined Google Audiences. These audiences are created based on an analysis of your existing AdWords campaigns.
- Remarketing and similar audiences: Show your ads to people who have visited your website before or viewed your videos. This includes remarketing lists.
- Click the checkbox next to the audiences you'd like to add. This will add them to your targeting.
- Click Save.