Reactivate a canceled AdWords account
Reactivating an AdWords account is free, and you'll only need to follow a few steps.
What will happen when you reactivate your account
When you canceled your account, all your active ads stopped showing. When you reactivate your account:
- Any ads or campaigns that you left active will begin running again.
- Any ads or campaigns that you paused will not run until you re-enable them.
Before you begin
If you never requested to cancel your account: If you're unable to sign in to AdWords, and you didn't request to cancel your account, check out these common sign-in issues. If you’re still having trouble signing in, file a reactivation request.
If you also deleted your Google account: Before you can reactivate your AdWords account, you must first recover your Google Account.
If you don't want your ads to automatically start running when you reactivate your account: Sign in to your account and make sure to pause your ads, ad groups, or campaigns. You can re-enable them after activating your account.
How to reactivate your account
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
To reactivate your AdWords account:
- Sign into your AdWords account. If you can't remember your email or password, on the sign in page, click Need help?
- In the upper right, click "Settings" and then click Account settings.
- On the "Preferences" tab, click Reactivate this account to finish activating your account.
- If prompted, you might also need to update your billing information.
After you've activated your account, you might continue to see a cancellation alert for up to 24 hours.