Reactivate a canceled account
We're happy that you're interested in reactivating your Google AdWords account! Reactivating your account is free, and you'll only need to follow a few steps.
What will happen when you reactivate your account
When you canceled your account, all your active ads were automatically stopped. When you reactivate your account:
- Any ads or campaigns that you left active will begin running again.
- Any ads or campaigns that you paused will not run until you re-enable them.
How to reactivate your account
Please note that if there are no active campaigns in your AdWords account, then you must contact us to reactivate your account.
If you deleted your Google Account, you'll need to first restore your deleted account.
Once you've restored your deleted account, you can reactivate your account:
- Sign in to AdWords at https://adwords.google.com with the email address and password you used with your AdWords account. If you can't remember your username or password, click Can't access your account? at the bottom of the sign-in box. Either enter your email address to reset your password or click Forgot your username? to recover your account's email address.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- A message box will appear at the top of the page explaining your account's cancelled status.
- Click the link in the red message box and follow the steps to reactivate your account.
- Enter or update your billing information in your account as prompted. Then, submit the requested payment information to reactivate your account. It may take up to 24 hours for the cancellation alert to be removed from your account.
If you don't want your ads to begin running immediately, pause them before you reactivate your account.
If you're unable to sign in to AdWords and you didn't request to cancel your account, first check out these common sign-in issues.
If those don't help you sign in, file a reactivation request with an AdWords representative.