Reactivate a canceled account
We're happy that you're interested in reactivating your Google AdWords account! Reactivating your account is free, and you'll only need to follow a few steps.
What will happen when you reactivate your account
When you canceled your account, all your active ads were automatically stopped. When you reactivate your account:
- Any ads or campaigns that you left active will begin running again.
- Any ads or campaigns that you paused will not run until you re-enable them.
How to reactivate your account
Please note that if there are no active campaigns in your AdWords account, then you must contact us to reactivate your account.
If you also deleted your Google Account, then before you can reactivate your AdWords account, you must first reactivate your Google Account.
If you don't want your ads to begin running immediately, then pause them before activating your account.
To reactivate your AdWords account:
- Sign in to AdWords. If you can't remember your email or password, on the sign in page, click Need help?
- Next in AdWords, in the upper right, click "Settings" , and then click Account settings.
- Then on the "Preferences" tab, click Reactivate this account to finish activating your account.
- If prompted, you might also need to update your billing information.
After you've activated your account, you might continue to see a cancellation alert for up to 24 hours.
If you're unable to sign in to AdWords and you didn't request to cancel your account, first check out these common sign-in issues.
If those don't help you sign in, file a reactivation request with an AdWords representative.