Setting up conversion tracking
Conversion tracking can help you see how effectively your ad clicks lead to valuable customer activity, such as website purchases, phone calls, app downloads, newsletter sign-ups, and more.
This free tool helps you understand how well your keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns are working for your business, allowing you to invest more wisely and help boost your return on investment (ROI). Conversion tracking also allows you to take advantage of advanced flexible bid strategies such as target cost-per-acquisition (CPA) and target return on ad spend (ROAS), tools that help you automatically optimize your campaigns according to your business goals.
Types of conversion actions
Conversion tracking helps you see when your ads lead to conversions from the following sources. See instructions below for setting up each type of conversion action:
- Track Android app conversions (includes downloads and in-app actions)
- Track iOS app conversions (includes downloads and in-app actions)
- Track calls from ads
- Track calls to a Google forwarding number on your website
- Track phone number clicks on a mobile website
Setting up advanced conversion tracking features
- Track transaction-specific values (for website and mobile in-app conversions)