Make extensions more likely to appear
Sometimes extensions that you want to use don't show with your ads. That doesn’t necessarily mean that something is wrong. (For example, when you use more than one extension for an ad, there are a number of reasons why one of those extensions might show for some searches and not for others.) To make sure your extensions are optimised to show though, use this article to find relevant instructions.
Before you start
Extensions can be approved or disapproved just like ads and keywords. Disapproved extensions do not show and need to be edited and submitted for re-review. To learn how to check for disapprovals, go to See extension performance.
Even if it’s approved, adding an extension won’t guarantee that it will appear with your ad all the time. Extensions appear with your ad when:
- The extension (or combination of extensions) is predicted to improve your performance.
- Your ad’s position and Ad Rank is high enough for extensions to appear.
To find out more, start with When extensions appear.
Links to instructions
Some extension types have specific requirements to appear. Find out more about using each type:
- Call extensions. For instructions, go to Use call extensions.
- Callout extensions. For instructions, go to Use callout extensions.
- Location extensions. For instructions, go to Use location extensions.
- Review extensions. For instructions, go to Use review extensions.
- Structured snippet extensions. For instructions, go to Use structured snippet extensions.
- Sitelink extensions. For tips and best practices, go to Use sitelink extensions.