The Optimization tab
The following ad settings are available for use in experiments:
- Ad unit settings: All ad type and text ad style settings are available for experiments.
- Allow & block ads: The following ad blocking settings are available for experiments:
- General ad categories (including first level sub-categories)
- Sensitive ad categories
- Ad serving opt-outs (e.g., enhanced text ads, expandable ads, etc.)
There are two ways to create experiments. You can either:
- Design your own experiment - you set up the experiment yourself by choosing the ad setting and creating the variation.
- Run an experiment from an opportunity on your Optimization tab - we set up the experiment for you based on the settings change described in the opportunity.
To choose the winner of your experiment, you should:
- Review the performance of your original versus the variation you created for the experiment.
- Choose your winner based on which version has the highest Overall Change.
The Overall Change equals the change in RPM plus the change in Quality Score of the variation. In general, a positive Overall Change will result in better long-term performance, even when either the RPM change or the Quality Score change is negative. In situations where the RPM and the Quality Score point to different winners, a positive Overall Change can help you to make a final decision.