Activating your AdSense account
Verify your phone number in AdSense
As part of our effort to protect publisher accounts, we ask that you provide a valid phone number when you activate your AdSense account. We use phone number verification to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. For more information, see our phone number verification FAQs.
How to verify your phone number
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the 'Verify your phone number' card, enter your phone number in international format.
Phone numbers in international format begin with a plus (+) sign, followed by the country code, the area code and the phone number:
+(Country code)(Area code)(Phone number)
Examples: +14155552671, +441234567890
If you've previously verified a phone number for Google, you'll see your verified phone number listed in the 'Phone number' field. You can choose to use this phone number for AdSense and skip the rest of the phone verification process.
- Choose whether you’d like to receive your verification code by text message or voice call.
- Click Get verification code.
- On the next page, enter the six-digit verification code that we sent you and click Submit.