In an effort to protect our users from abuse, we sometimes ask users to prove they’re not a robot before they're able to create or sign in to accounts. Having this additional confirmation via phone is an effective way to keep spammers from abusing our systems. The following FAQs refer to a phone number collected when you sign up for an AdSense account.
How to write your phone number
Enter your phone number for verification using the E.164 format
Cost of text messages or calls
Depending on your country, you may be charged for your received SMS or voice call. The cost of your text or voice messages will vary depending on your plan and provider, but will likely be your standard text message and call charges. Contact your mobile phone provider for details.
Text message delivery is slowText message delivery can be delayed if you live in a densely populated area or if your carrier's infrastructure isn't well maintained. If you've waited more than a few minutes and still haven't received our text message, try the voice call option.
Most mobile carriers support text messages from Google. If your carrier does not support text messages from Google, you can try the voice call option, or use a different phone number.
Text message or voice call verification doesn’t work
If you’ve tried both the SMS and voice call options several times and you’re still unable to receive a verification code, we suggest you try the following:
- If you’ve been using a mobile phone, then you could try using a fixed line phone or vice versa.
- Confirm that you can receive calls or text messages from other people on your phone.
- If you’re using a mobile phone, make sure that it has a strong signal at the same time as attempting the verification (sending an SMS while your mobile is out of range and then going into range can sometimes cause an SMS not to be delivered).
- Try verifying your phone number on another day - telecoms network faults that might have caused problems with SMS and voice call transmission might now be resolved.
- Try a different supported carrier.