To streamline ad source set up and ad unit mapping, we’re introducing changes to the Mediation section in your AdMob account. With these changes, it’s easier to manage your ad sources, map ad units and reuse them in multiple mediation groups, and optimize your mediation setup.
Now, you only have to map your ad units once for use across multiple mediation groups. Instead of entering the mapping details each time you add an ad source to a mediation group, you can now set up an ad source with their ad unit mapping details from the Bidding sources or Waterfall sources tab. You can also set up additional mappings for each ad unit.
To set up a new ad source, click Set up ad source in the Bidding sources or Waterfall sources tab. From here, you can view and manage details about the ad source, including their ad unit mapping. All the most important ad source details are now in one place, so it’s easier to manage and optimize your mediation in AdMob.
To view the ad source page:
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Mediation in the sidebar.
- Click the Bidding sources tab to view the bidding ad sources page. Click the Waterfall sources tab to view the waterfall ad sources page.
To add ad unit mappings for an existing ad source:
- From the Bidding or Waterfall ad source page, select the ad source and click Ad unit mapping.
- Click next to the ad unit you want to map.
- Click Edit to change existing mapping details or add an additional mapping. If you haven’t set up any mappings, click Add mapping.
- Enter the third-party mapping details, including a unique name for your mapping. The mapping name is internal only and will help you decide which mappings to use when setting up your mediation group.
- Click Save.
To set up a new ad source with new mappings, check out: