Inspect webpage ad delivery
See which ads are eligible to deliver to your web content to better understand the Google Ad Manager ad selection process or troubleshoot issues related to delivery. Simply enter a page's URL to see ad request and delivery details. You can then share the details with other users in your network.
Below are some common questions answered by Ad Manager delivery tools:
- Which ads delivered on my page?
- Why these ads and not others?
- Are my line items and creatives are set up correctly?
- Why is my line item behind schedule, or not delivering at all?
There are two ways to access Ad Manager delivery tools: from Ad Manager or from your webpage. For mobile web inventory, you need to start in Ad Manager.
Start in your webpage
Inspect delivery details
In Ad Manager delivery tools, information about each request and what ad delivered is displayed. Each row on the page represents an ad slot and request. Click a row to expand more details, then click Simulate Request to determine why a different ad delivered than the one you expected.
Information about requests
- Div: Identifies where on the page the ad slot appears, such as "
- Requested sizes: All sizes defined in the ad request.
- Key values: All key-values defined in the ad request. Click see all to see the full list.
Information about what delivered
- Demand channel: The method used to select the ad, such as "Open Bidding" or "Ad server". Learn more
- Advertiser, Order, line item, creative name and ID. Click the ID to open it in Ad Manager.
- Line item type
- Creative size
- Creative type
Block an Ad Exchange/AdSense ad or report an issue
You can block Ad Exchange/AdSense creatives or report a potential issue. Click the Block creative tab and then click one of the following next to “Suggestion”:
- Block ad: Prevent the creative from serving. The blocked ads will appear in the “Blocked” tab of Creative review.
- Report to policy: Submit a creative that may have policy issues to Google. We’ll review the creative and respond with our findings.
These buttons aren’t available for other creative types, but in this case we do provide suggestions on next steps.
You can share the details with users who have access to your network. This allows you to easily collaborate with others to help determine a plan for troubleshooting your line items.
- Above the details that appear on the Troubleshoot page, click Share this session.
- From the pop-up that appears, click Copy URL.
The URL is now copied to your clipboard and ready to be pasted
- Send the URL to a user with access to your network.
Tell the user to paste the URL into their browser.
The Simulate request feature shows which line item would win if you were to request the ad slot again. If an unexpected line item wins the simulation, you can see why. You can then change targeting and tag information to try and get the desired line item to win the simulation.
When you click Simulate request as mentioned above, the following sections appear.
This section recreates how the ad request you selected on the Troubleshoot page actually delivered. It includes:
- Ad request details: The request and targeting information for the winning line item.
- Winning line item details: The delivery details for the winning line item.
- View non-delivery reasons: Click this button to see reasons why other line items were selected to serve over this one in cases that this line item was eligible. Here are details of the possible non-delivery reasons.
This section shows what would happen if you were to request this ad slot again. It includes:
- Ad request details: The request and targeting information for the simulated request. It defaults to the current settings.
- Winning line item details: The delivery details for the line item that wins the simulation.
- Search for the line item you were expecting to win: If an unexpected line item wins the simulation, you can use this box to search for the line item you thought would win and click Go. You’ll see a pop-up with the details for the winning line item on the left side, and the reasons for non-delivery of the line item you searched for on the right side. Here are details of the possible non-delivery reasons.
- Rerun simulation: You can change the targeting and tag information under “Ad request details” and then click Rerun simulation to see if the winning line item changes. If you eventually find a simulation that provides the desired winning line item, you can go back and update the actual targeting and tag information.
There are several possible reasons for this. Here are a few:
- Every run request, whether actual or simulated, happens dynamically. As a result, several things can change from one request to the other, including run time, goals, new line items to compete against, etc.
- The ad selection process can result in different line items serving from one ad request to the next.
- The simulation only considers one ad slot at a time. Therefore, if original winning line item is part of a request with multiple ad slots, like a roadblock, it won’t win the simulation.
- The line item reached a frequency cap.
- The line item met its delivery goal.