To serve pop-up, pop-under, or floating creatives to your website, you need to update your Google Publisher Tag and use the "Out-of-page" size for line items and creatives in Ad Manager.
Update your Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
- Your site should define a slot for out-of-page creatives using the
- Since the creative isn't displayed directly within the webpage's content, it's only important that the
googletag.display()method is included somewhere in the
<body>of your page.
Add an out-of-page line item and creative in Ad Manager
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Create a line item using the Out-of-page size, or find an existing line item.
- Add an out-of-page creative.
- Use the custom creative type if your advertiser has provided a tag or creative code snippet.
- Use the Campaign Manager tag creative type if your advertiser provides a Campaign Manager tag.
- Use a system- or user-defined creative template if one fits your requirements.
- Rendering creatives into a SafeFrame can cause issues unless you configure your creatives and page to work with SafeFrame.
Learn how to troubleshoot out-of-page delivery.
How out-of-page impressions are recorded
Unlike other line items, out-of-page line items only record impressions when the viewed impression macro in an out-of-page line item's creative is triggered when the create is played or viewed. For example, if a web page requests an out-of-page line item from Ad Manager, but the page never displays the creative, an impression is not recorded.
Out-of-page creatives must include the viewed impression macro for impression counting to work.
<img src="%%VIEW_URL_UNESC%%" style="display:none">
Unfilled impression are not recorded in reporting when an out-of-page line item is requested from Ad Manager, but there aren't any eligible line items to return. These unfilled out-of-page impressions are also excluded from Ad Manager invoices.
To ensure accurate inventory forecasting, including inventory for out-of-page ad units, only target out-of-page line items to pages properly tagged to serve out-of-page creatives.