Skippable video ads allow users to skip or exit the ad after 5 seconds. They provide a better user experience for viewers, demonstrate reduced content abandonment rates, and provide you with the opportunity to allow longer ads on more inventory (for example, 60+ second ads) by allowing users to skip.
Requirements and specifications
- Require IMA SDK 3 for implementation
- Display a skip button after 5 seconds, by default*
- Count as an engaged view after 30 seconds or to the end of the ad, whichever comes first*
- Provide additional metrics that can measure the effectiveness of creatives
* If your network uses VAST 3, skip time and engaged view time are customizable in the video settings of "Admin" section.