See which environments and platforms support skippable video ads.
Skippable video ads allow users to skip or exit the ad after 5 seconds. They provide a better user experience for viewers, demonstrate reduced content abandonment rates, and provide you with the opportunity to allow longer ads on more inventory (for example, 60+ second ads) by allowing users to skip.
Requirements and specifications
- Require IMA SDK 3 for implementation
- Display a skip button after 5 seconds, by default*
- Count as an engaged view after 30 seconds, by default, or to the end of the ad, whichever comes first*
- Provide additional metrics that can measure the effectiveness of creatives
* If your Ad Manager network uses VAST 3, the "Skippable skip time" and "Skippable view time" are customizable for reservation campaigns under Admin Video and audio.
For any programmatic demand, Ad Manager uses the skippable offset set in the buyer's VAST, which allows for a value of 5 seconds.