Block advertiser URLs
You can block specific ads from appearing on your pages. This is helpful when you don't want to display particular advertisements—for example, you may want to block ads leading to competitors' sites.
You can block ads that link (or, click-through) to specific URLs. This way, you can easily block all ads that are linked to your competitor at www.example.com. By entering a top-level domain such as www.example.com, you'll also block all ads that link to subdirectories below that domain.
Advertiser URL blocks apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- Private Auctions
- First Look
- Legacy private deals
Learn more about transaction types.
|Action / component||Guideline|
|When entering the advertising URLs you want to block||
|For URL paths||
|For apps||URLs are normalized for Google Play Store and iTunes URLs. This means you only need to add one variation of the URL to block the app from advertising on your property. For example, if itunes.apple.com/app/id12345 and itunes.apple.com/us/app/id12345 point to the same app, you only need to enter one of the URLs to block the app entirely.|
|For URLs that combine a top-level domain with a country code top-level domain (such as google.com.br)||Explicitly include the country code top-level domain as part of the URL.|
Steps to block URLs
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under “Blocks,” click Add next to “Advertiser URLs”.
- Enter (or copy and paste) the display or destination URL(s) you want to block. and click Add.
Follow the guidelines described above.
- Click Add.
All of the advertiser URLs you enter appear on the right side of the page. To allow an advertiser URL that you’ve blocked, find it in the blocked list and click Remove to the right of the URL.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.
When URLs will be blocked
It can take up to 4 hours for these URLs to be blocked from your pages, and ads with these URLs can appear in the Creative review for up to 24 hours.