Sign up so your team can:
- Host and join secure video meetings with Google Meet.
- Collaborate with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Store files and work in over 100 file types in real-time, from any device in Google Drive—even Microsoft Office files.
- Communicate with groups or one-on-one with Google Chat.
- Assign tasks in Chat, and track tasks on their devices with Google Tasks.
- Share notes with Google Keep.
Learn more about Essentials.
Click below to get started with setting up your Google Workspace Essentials Starter account at no cost for up to 25 users.
- Support isn't included—Essentials Starter edition doesn't include access to Google Workspace support.
- Paid upgrades are available—You can upgrade to a paid edition of Essentials at any time from your Team dashboard to add more users, get additional business features, and access Google Workspace support.
Educational institutions aren't eligible for Essentials Starter—Instead, qualifying institutions can sign up for Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals at no cost or another Education edition. Compare Education editions.
To sign up, you need...
- An email address where you plan to use Essentials—This should be an address where you can get mail. During sign-up, we'll email an invitation to your address. To show us you own the address, you need to respond to the email. You need to verify your email address to make sure that no one else can use Essentials with your address.
- Team member addresses at your same domain—After we create your Essentials account, you can invite other people to use Meet and Drive with you. They must have an address at the same domain you signed up with. For example, if you sign up the address email@example.com, everyone else should have an email address that ends in @your-business.com.
Other teams are using Essentials at my organization
If you sign up and see a message that other teams are already using Essentials at your organization, you can do one of the following:
- Join an existing Essentials team—You'll be able to use Meet, Drive storage, and Docs editors with other members of the team. For details, see Join your Essentials team.
- Create a new Essentials workspace—Use Essentials solo or invite others to join your new Essentials team.
- Become the Essentials admin for everyone at your organization—If you're the owner or IT admin for your organization's domain, you can take over management of Essentials for your whole organization. First, create a new Essentials workspace. Next, verify ownership of your domain and upgrade to Enterprise Essentials to get more features, such as user account (identity) management and additional security features. For details, see Verify your domain to unlock features (email-verified services).
My address has other Google services
If your email address is already associated with a Google Account that has Google services like YouTube or Google Ads, your account will be converted to a managed Essentials account:
- You'll lose access to any Google services that aren't available with Essentials.
- You won't have access to some services, like Gmail.
- You'll keep access to dozens of other services, including YouTube, Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
Before converting your account, we recommend exporting any data you want to save. You can use Google Takeout.