Supported editions for this feature: Frontline; Business Starter, Business Standard and Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus; G Suite Basic and G Suite Business; Essentials; Cloud Identity Free and Cloud Identity Premium. Compare your edition
As an administrator, you can review a list of devices your organization owns. You can also get details about each device, including the serial number and if the device is assigned to a user.
Before you begin
Add devices that your company owns to the inventory. For steps, see Add company-owned devices to the inventory.
Open the company-owned devices list
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- On the left, click Mobile & endpointsCompany owned inventory to see your company-owned devices.
- To get more information about a specific device, click the device. For details, see View device details.
- To sort the list by a table column, click the column header.
What you see in the list
|Serial number||Serial number of the device.|
Date the device was imported into your Admin console.
|Type||Device type. For example, Android.|
|Asset tag||Asset tag or ID that’s assigned to the device.|
Whether the device is assigned to a user. Possible values: Assigned, unassigned.
A device is assigned when a user adds their corporate account to the device. To see who a device is assigned to, click the device. For company owned Chrome devices to be assigned, the device must be enrolled in Chrome Enterprise. For details, see Enroll Chrome OS devices.
Devices that are only under fundamental management always appear as unassigned, even if a user signs in to the device. To see who is using the device, open the list of laptop and desktop devices and search for devices that are under fundamental management. For details, see View laptop and desktop device details.
Find specific devices
You can search for a device from the devices list. In the top right, enter a search term in the search bar and click Search . For example, to search for a specific type of device, enter the model.
If you want to see more information about a specific device, click the device name. For details, see View mobile device details.
- Enter each search term as a single word with no spaces. Or, enter several words in quotes (with spaces between the words) for exact phrases.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- When you search for words and phrases, all fields are searched.
- The system treats punctuation marks and symbols as spaces. For example, searching for email@example.com is the same as searching for "admin example com".
Filter the devices list
- From the devices list, under the Devices heading, click Add a filter.
- Take one of the following approaches:
- Select a category to filter the list by (serial number or status)select an option or enter the filter textclick Apply.
- Start typing the serial number and click the Serial number filter.
- (Optional) To see more information about a specific device, click the device name.
From the company-owned devices list, click the iOS device you want more information about.
You only see information that's available for the device.
How the device is enrolled for management, whether supervised or unsupervised. Learn more about supervised mode.
Value can be:
How the device details were entered in the company owned inventory.
Value can be:
|Device assigned by||The email address of the account that assigned the device in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager.|
|Device family||The Apple product family of the device.|
|Model||The model of the device.|
|Operating system||The operating system of the device.|
|Profile assigned||When the MDM configuration profile was assigned to the device in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager.|
|Profile sent to device||When the MDM configuration profile was sent to the device.|
The status of the MDM configuration profile in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager.
Value can be:
Delete a device
When you delete a mobile device, the device stops syncing corporate data, but no information is removed from it. If you want to remove corporate data from the device, wipe the account or device before you delete it. For details, see Remove corporate data from a mobile device.
To remove a device from your company-owned device inventory, select the device and click Delete.
View audit info
To get a report of activities on a device, select the device and click MoreView audit info. For example, you can see if a device is compliant with your organization’s policies. For details, see Devices audit log.
Download a list of devices
You can download a list of your company-owned devices to a CSV file. It lists all device details, including the serial number and import date. If you have many company-owned devices, the download can be slow.
To download your device list, open the company-owned device list and click Download .
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.