* Users with Education Fundamentals or Standard will have access to recordings as a temporary benefit through the end of 2021.
As an administrator, you can let meeting organizers and participants in the same organization record video meetings. Teachers can record meetings when signed in to their Google Workspace account. If the teacher is the meeting organizer, students can also record the meeting.
Step 1: Check if recording is available
Make sure you have a Google Workspace edition that supports recording. Compare your edition
Google Meet recordings are stored in Google Drive. As a result, people in your organization can record meetings only if Drive is turned on for them, and they have permission to create new files on Drive. Learn how to turn Drive on and turn Docs creation on.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Meet.
- Click Meet video settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Click Recording and check or uncheck the Let people record their meetings box.
Note: Recording is available only if you have a Google Workspace edition that supports recording. Compare your edition
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group. Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
Important: Regardless of the Meet recording setting, people in your organization can record meetings only if Drive and Docs creation are also turned on for them.