What's new in Gmail?
Email, chat, audio and video calling, documents, and tasks are the foundation of how we work. But because work happens in so many places, it’s hard to stay on top of what’s important.
The new integrated Gmail not only brings the core elements of work together, but also makes them better together. Here’s a preview of what you can expect from the new integrated Gmail experience:
Introducing a better home for work in G Suite
You’ll see four components in Gmail, across your devices:
- Mail, which has not changed and is the same email experience users know and love.
- Chat, which allows you to message individuals and small groups directly.
- Rooms, which are spaces that include shared chat, documents, and tasks to help groups more easily work on projects.
- Meet, which features upcoming meetings that you can view and join.
With all of these channels combined into a unified experience, you can work faster and collaborate better right within Gmail:
- Reach the right people through the appropriate channel. For example, use chat messages for urgent questions or video meetings for in-depth discussions.
- Move between communication channels seamlessly. You can jump on a call from chat, create a task from a message, start a group from an email, and so on.
- Collaborate with your teams in rooms. Share and edit documents, assign tasks, and more.
- Find the information you need to do your work—right from Gmail.
When will the new integrated Gmail be available?
The new integrated Gmail will be rolling out over the coming weeks to G Suite customers.
At that time, this page will be updated with training guides, help articles, videos, and other resources to help you and your team get the most out of this new experience.
|Bookmark this page so you can come back later—just click the star in your browser.|