Purchase a domain from a Google partner
If you want to use Google services with your organization but you don't yet have a domain name, we can help you purchase one. While signing up for a Google Cloud product, select the option to Buy a new domain. We'll help you purchase an available domain from one of our domain host partners. We'll then set up your Google services for that domain.
Note: Purchasing a domain through Google from a Google partner makes it easier to get started with some Google services. But it has no impact on your position in Google search results.
About our domain host partnersAbout our domain host partners
Google has partnered with companies including GoDaddy.com, eNom.com, and DomainDiscount24.com, who offer domain registration and hosting to our customers.
When you purchase a domain through Google during sign-up, you get an account—outside of Google—with one of these partners. Here, they host your domain’s DNS records, which are used to do things like set up mail for your users and create your business web addresses.
As long as you use your domain with Google services, however, you don’t have to visit this external account. We configure your domain’s DNS records so you can set up email, web addresses, and other services without leaving your Google Admin console.
When you purchase a domain name through one of our partners, you get:
- Easy mail setup
We edit your domain's MX records to point to Google’s mail servers. Just turn on Gmail in your Admin console and users start receiving mail at your domain’s Gmail accounts.
- Custom service addresses
We edit your domain's CNAME records so users can reach your services at easy-to-remember addresses, such as mail.yourdomain.com or calendar.yourdomain.com.
- Auto-renewal from your Admin console
You initially purchase your domain for a year. After that, you must renew your subscription with your domain host. You can renew your subscription automatically from your Google Admin console.
- Full DNS control and domain management
Even though we set up your domain for Google services, you still have full control over your domain’s DNS settings. You can access these settings to add support for non-Google services or to contact your domain host. You can easily reach your external domain host account via your Google Admin console.
- Domain locking at no extra charge
Our partners provide an additional level of security to protect against unauthorized domain transfers.
Purchase your domain (G Suite only)
- Click the button below and follow instructions that appear to enter information about you and your business.
- When asked to provide a domain name, select the option to Buy a new domain. Enter the name you'd like to register and select the appropriate top-level domain (.com, .edu, and so on).
- Click Check availability.
Google checks whether the selected domain name is available. If someone else has already registered the name, try another name. Keep trying names until one becomes available. Then complete the remaining fields to create your Google account.
Choose your name carefully. It's not easy to change your primary domain name later. If yourchoice.com isn't available, you might try yourchoice.net. For details, see Choosing your primary domain name.
All sales are final.
After purchasing your domain
- Important: Check your email inbox and respond to the email asking you to verify your contact information. This is required by ICANN (the governing body for domain registration) to complete domain registration.
- Manage domain registration renewals in your Admin console.
- Manage your domain's DNS settings at an account at your domain host, outside of Google. For details, see Access DNS records from a partner host.