Reset a user's password
If a user forgets their password, or if you think their account's security might have been compromised, you can reset the user's password.
To reset a user's password:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Find the user account.
- Click the user's row to open their information page.
- Click at the upper right corner of the page.
- Fill out the form to type (and retype) the new password.
As you type, a graph evaluates the security level of your password. The password must be at least eight characters long. Click the Password strength link for more tips on creating strong passwords.
- Optionally check the box that forces the user to change the password the next time they sign in.
Note: For third party clients using application specific passwords, you may be required to regenerate and enter your password again.
- After resetting the password, be sure to let the user know about their new password!