Options for adding users
Before people in your organization can begin using your Google for Work services, you need to create user accounts for each person. An account provides users with a name and password for signing in to their Google services, as well as an email address (if you're using Gmail). You can also create accounts to use as mailing lists, and you can give users alternate email addresses, as well.Create one or more user accounts
If your organization has an LDAP directory:
- Use Google Apps Directory Sync to synchronize user data in your existing LDAP directory with your Google account (syncs groups, contacts, and organizations, too).
- Use the Admin SDK Directory API to provision a large number of users with data from your existing LDAP directory, such as Microsoft Active Directory. This API provides more flexibility than Google Apps Directory Sync, but requires programming.
- Use Google Apps Migration for Lotus Notes if you're migrating from Lotus Notes.
- Each account's username becomes that person's login name and the first part of their email address. If your domain is solarmora.com, a user whose email is firstname.lastname@example.org has the username jsmith. If your organization's Google account has multiple domain names associated with it, you specify which domain name to use when you create the user account.
- Each user gets 25 GB of storage space for their email and attachments.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a new user account to appear in the searchable Google Apps Directory.
See also: Name and password guidelines
After creating user accounts, you can: