Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If you need more user licenses for a Google service, how you add them depends on your payment plan for that service:
- Flexible Plan—You don’t need to buy more user licenses, simply add the new users. You automatically get a license for each user you add. For paid services, you're charged for the new users in your next monthly payment.
- Annual Plan—If you assign all your user licenses, you can easily buy more. We increase your monthly payment to cover the new licenses.
Add user licenses on the Annual Plan
From the Admin console Home page, at the top left, click Menu BillingSubscriptions.
- Click your subscription.
- In the expanded section, next to the number of licenses you currently have, click Purchase more.
- Enter the number of additional licenses you want to buy and click Continue.
Enter the number of additional licenses you need (not the total). If you have 50 licenses and need 25 more, enter 25.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and click Continue.
Important: Annual Plan direct customers can buy licenses any time. But you can’t remove licenses to lower your monthly payments until it’s time to renew your annual contract.