This page is for administrators who manage other people's accounts. To change the name for a personal gmail.com account, go here, instead.
As an administrator for your organization's Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account, you can change a user's profile name (their first and last name) that shows in emails they send, calendar invites, and other Google services.
Changing a user's profile name as described here doesn't change the email address or the username (the first part of a user's address, like user@) they use to sign in to their account.
Tip: Try the Home page quick link. On your Admin console Home page, click Update a user's name or emailenter your userclick Proceedgo to step 5 below.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user. Learn how to find a user account.
- Point to the user and click Update user.
Note: You can also find Update user at the left of the user's account page.
- Change the First name or Last name—The name that shows up in emails they send, calendar invites, and other Google services.
Tip: You can enter a company name instead of a person's name.
- Click Update User.
- Click Done.
After you change a profile name…
The new profile name appears:
- In messages the user sends (unless they change their own Gmail settings)
- In calendar invites, shared docs, and other Google services (unless the user changes their Currents profile)
- In your company's searchable Directory
Important: A user's previous profile name isn't private and might be visible to other users in some circumstances.