Update a user profile
The easiest way to update a user profile is in the Google Admin console. You can include profile information when you add a user. Or update a user profile as described below. If you turn on the global Directory, users can find each other's profiles in their Contact Manager or when typing in address fields.
What you can update
Here's the profile information you can add, edit, or delete in the Admin console:
- Secondary email address—An address where the user can be reached outside your domain.
- Phone numbers and physical addresses
- Employee ID, employee type, and title
- Manager email, department, and cost center
You can also change a user's primary email address and display name. See Rename a user.
Update a profile
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user. If you need help, see Find a user account.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- Click User information.
- Click any of the following sections to edit the user's profile information:
- Contact information—Secondary email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses
- Email aliases—Additional email addresses
- Employee information—ID, job title, employee type, manager email, department, and cost center
Tip: Once you add information to a field, another field appears to let you add another entry. Specify details of an entry, such as Home or Work, by clicking the menu at the right. Delete an entry by clicking Remove on the right.
- At the bottom right, click Save.
- (Optional) To return to the user’s account page, at the top right, click the Up arrow .
It might take up to 24 hours for your changes to appear in the global Directory.
For other ways to update user profiles, see: