Activate a Google Drive storage license
Google Drive storage licenses are available only with Google Apps for Work.
Google Drive storage licenses provide users with additional storage space for uploaded files. Licenses are available in a variety of sizes. As an administrator, you purchase the licenses for your organization and assign them to specific users.
|License size||Monthly price|
You activate Google Drive storage licenses on a flexible plan. Once you activate Google Drive storage, Google charges you only for the number of licenses you assign to users. Since Google charges you only for assigned licenses, you don't incur any costs when you activate Google Drive storage using the steps below. You're only charged when you assign licenses to users.
To activate Google Drive storage:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- On the dashboard, click Apps > Google Apps.
- Click at the top to add more services.
- Click Add it now below the entry for Google Drive storage.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to review the pricing and payment plan, read and accept the Terms of Service for Google Drive storage, and set the payment method.
- Assign licenses to users.