If your organization needs more storage, as an administrator you can buy additional storage in 10 TB increments with Google Workspace Additional Storage, an add-on subscription. You can buy as much additional storage as you need - there is no limit.
- Each Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on subscription is $300 per month and adds 10 TB to your pooled storage. For Education customers, learn more about your options.
- The Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on must be purchased as an annual subscription.
- If you have Business Standard or Business Plus, it’s usually more cost effective to upgrade your subscription than to buy more storage.
- If your edition doesn’t support pooled storage, learn about other options to free up or get more storage.
- If you have users with Business Starter, Frontline edition, Cloud Identity, or other editions that don’t support pooled storage in combination with users with an Enterprise edition, the users without pooled storage can't use storage added by the Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on. They can use only the storage included with their individual license. To get more storage for these users, upgrade those users’ licenses.
- Existing legacy storage add-on subscriptions (admin managed or user managed) should experience no interruption to service.
Buy storage for your organization
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingGet more services.
- At the left, click Google Workspace add-ons.
- In the Google Workspace Additional Storage card, click Get Started. If you don’t see Google Workspace Additional Storage as an option, your edition or combination of editions doesn’t support this add-on. Learn about other options to get more storage.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add one or more subscriptions to your organization's Google Account.
The additional storage is usually added to your pooled storage within 5 minutes, but it can take up to 4 hours. Learn how to see how storage is used in your organization.
- Entire organization–If you change your organization’s edition to one that doesn’t have pooled storage, such as Business Starter or Cloud Identity, storage from your Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on subscription is no longer available. Your users can use only the storage included with their individual license. After you switch, you should cancel your storage subscriptions.
- Single user–If you change a user’s license to one that doesn’t have pooled storage, they can use only the storage included with their individual license.