To get storage for your personal Google Account, go here instead.
If your organization needs more storage, as an administrator you can buy additional pooled storage in 10 TB increments with Google Workspace Additional Storage, an add-on subscription. You can buy as much additional storage as you need - there is no limit - but upgrading your Google Workspace edition may be more cost effective.
On this page
- How much does storage cost?
- Who can buy and use storage?
- Buy storage for your organization
- How to increase storage for one user
- What happens to my Google Workspace Additional Storage if I switch editions?
Each Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on subscription is $300 USD per month and adds 10 TB to your pooled storage. The Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on must be purchased as an annual subscription. For Google Workspace for Education customers, learn more about your options.
If you have Business Standard or Business Plus, it’s usually more cost effective to upgrade your subscription than to buy more storage.
- Only admins can buy storage for their organization. You can’t buy storage for an individual account, but you can increase the storage limit for users in an organizational unit.
- If your edition doesn’t support pooled storage, learn about other options to free up or get more storage.
- If you have users with Business Starter, Frontline edition, Cloud Identity, or other editions that don’t support pooled storage in combination with users with an Enterprise edition, the users without pooled storage can't use storage added by the Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on. They can use only the storage included with their individual license. To get more storage for these users, upgrade those users’ licenses.
- Existing legacy storage add-on subscriptions (admin managed or user managed) should experience no interruption to service.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingGet more services.
- At the left, click Google Workspace add-ons.
- In the Google Workspace Additional Storage card, click Get Started. If you don’t see Google Workspace Additional Storage as an option, your edition or combination of editions doesn’t support this add-on. Learn about other options to get more storage.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add one or more subscriptions to your organization's Google Account.
The additional storage is usually added to your pooled storage within 5 minutes, but it can take up to 4 hours. Learn how to see how storage is used in your organization.
You can’t buy additional storage for a specific user, but you can still get users the storage they need. Your options depend on your Google Workspace edition.
If their license supports pooled storage:
- Create an organizational unit or create a configuration group for the users who need more storage.
- Set a storage limit for your entire organization (the top organizational unit).
- Set a storage limit for the new organizational unit or group.
- Add the users to the new organizational unit or add them to the new configuration group.
- Entire organization–If you change your organization’s edition to one that doesn’t have pooled storage, such as Business Starter or Cloud Identity, your storage remains pooled and any storage from your Google Workspace Additional Storage add-on subscription remains available.
- Single user–If you change a user’s license to one that doesn’t have pooled storage, they can use only the storage included with their individual license.