Education customers go to Free up or get more storage for your institution.
To free up space or buy storage for your own Google Account, go here instead.
If you are running out of storage in your organization, you can free up storage or explore your options for getting more storage.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for changes in your organization’s storage to be reflected in the storage management tool.
You can find your top storage users with the storage management tool. Email them and ask them to delete large files and emails they don’t need to store in Google Workspace.Email template to send to high-storage users
Your account has been identified as using a large amount of Google storage.
We are enforcing new storage limits in our organization, which will take effect soon [give a date if you have one]. In order to prepare, we need you to review your current storage use and delete any unnecessary files in Drive, Gmail, and Photos.
Please complete the following steps:
- To review your storage use and delete large or unnecessary files in Drive, go to https://drive.google.com/drive/quota.
- To review and delete large or unnecessary files in shared drives, go to https://drive.google.com/drive/shared-drives.
- Consider deleting Drive content that you may have copied to a shared drive.
- To search for and delete unnecessary or large emails, go to Manage files in your Google Drive storage and follow instructions for Gmail.
- And finally, if you have larger storage needs due to projects, data sets, film production, etc. please reach out to us so we can explore other Google Cloud storage options.
[Remove if not applicable] Please review our organization's Acceptable Use Policy [Link to your Acceptable Use Policy] and make sure you're storing data in accordance with our policies.
Please complete the steps above as soon as possible.
Your friendly IT team
You can find the shared drives that use the most storage with the storage management tool. For shared drives that use a lot of your pooled storage:
- Contact the shared drive manager to see if another storage option, such as Google Cloud Storage, would be better for their use case.
- If you have Manager access to a shared drive, you can permanently delete items from trash.
- If you find the storage use doesn't comply with your Acceptable Use Policy, you can delete the shared drive.
To get more storage for your organization, you can upgrade your subscription to one that includes more storage, buy more storage, or buy Google Workspace licenses for users who don’t have them yet.
To see the upgrade paths available to you:
Go to Billing.
- Click Add or upgrade a subscription.
- Click Switch for the edition you’re interested in, and a page opens that compares your current edition and the upgraded edition.
- After you find the plan you want, continue through the order flow.
For most Google Workspace editions, you can buy Workspace Additional Storage add-on subscriptions. Each subscription adds 10 TB to your organization’s pooled storage, and you can add as many as you need. For details, see Buy more Google Workspace storage for your organization.
Note: We’ve been working with our customers to transition them to Google Workspace since it launched in 2020. As of June 2022, the G Suite legacy storage add-ons are no longer available to purchase. If you’re a customer with this add-on, we’ll contact you when it’s time to transition your storage to a Workspace offering.
To add users who don't have licenses yet, purchase more user licenses.