Buy more Drive storage for your account
If you run out of storage space, you may be able to buy more storage for your own account. The extra storage is available for Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.
Important: If you use G Suite at work or school, your organization might purchase more storage on your behalf. Your organization can also turn off the "Individual storage" service. The option to buy individual storage isn't available (or needed) with most G Suite Enterprise, Business, Education, or Drive Enterprise accounts.
Buy personal storage
Visit your Drive storage page to see how much storage you have and your options to buy more. Keep in mind:
- The extra storage is only for you. You can't share it with other people or transfer it to another account.
- Data in the extra storage is subject to the same ownership policy as the rest of your account. Google does not own your data. When your organization gave you a G Suite account, it did so with a particular agreement about whether the data in your account belongs to the organization or to you. (Each organization's policy is different.) Whatever policy is in place for your account applies equally to data in the extra storage.
- Your organization can prevent you from purchasing or renewing extra storage, or prevent you from using Google Drive, Gmail, or Google Photos. These actions could keep you from taking full advantage of the extra storage. Google storage purchases are non-refundable even under these circumstances. You can only buy more storage if your administrator turns on the "Individual storage" service for the organization you belong to.
- A super administrator for your organization needs to turn on the following services in the Google Admin console for you to purchase more storage:
- Google Payments and Google Wallet (if they’re both listed in the Admin console)
- Google Play
- Individual storage
For information on how to turn on additional services, see Additional Google services.
After your storage expires or you cancel the subscription, your storage limits are set back to the standard levels. All of your existing data, such as photos, mail, and uploaded files, remain accessible, but you won't be able to add anything new for any product over the storage limit.
It may take up to 24 hours before purchased storage is added to your account.