Due to the ongoing war in Ukraine, we will be temporarily pausing Google and YouTube ads from serving to users located in Russia. Learn more.
If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, the Revenue tab in YouTube Analytics displays which content is earning the most money and which revenue sources are most profitable. The key metrics card shows your estimated revenue (income). Learn how to earn money on YouTube.
Note: It takes 2 days for revenue to show in YouTube Analytics.
View your revenue reports
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, select Analytics .
- From the top menu, select Revenue.
How much you're earning
This report shows you how much your channel has earned in the last 6 months, broken down by month.
How much you're earning is subject to adjustments due to:
- Invalid traffic
- Content ID claims and disputes
- Certain ad campaign types (for example, cost-per-day campaigns)
If your estimated income fluctuates, it may be because of these adjustments. These adjustments happen two times after earned revenue shows in YouTube Analytics:
- The first adjustment happens after one week, giving a more complete estimate.
- The second adjustment happens in the middle of the following month and reflects your finalized earnings.
How you make money
This report gives a breakdown of how much estimated revenue has come from each revenue source. Examples of revenue sources include include Watch Page Ads, Shorts Feed Ads, Memberships, Supers, Connected Stores, and Shopping Affiliates. You can select a source for a detailed revenue breakdown. For example, YouTube Premium revenue will be shown under the Watch Page Ads or Shorts Feed Ads pages.
This report shows how much your videos, Shorts, and live streams earned. The report also includes Revenue Per Mille (RPM).
Top earning content
This report shows you which content earned the highest estimated revenue.
View your finalized earnings
About finalized earnings
- Your finalized earnings are only visible in your AdSense account.
- Finalized earnings in AdSense may be different from your estimated earnings in YouTube Analytics. For example, tax withholding may affect your finalized earnings, if any apply. Any taxes withheld will be visible in your AdSense account.
- Finalized earnings for the previous month are added to your AdSense account balance between the 7th and 12th of each month.
To view your finalized earnings in AdSense:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- On the left, select AdSense for YouTube.
- You'll see your current balance for YouTube earnings, last payment amount, and have access to YouTube-specific resources.
Metrics to know
|Watch Page ad revenue||Estimated revenue from AdSense, DoubleClick ads, and YouTube Premium for the selected date range and area. This number doesn't include revenue from any partner-sold ads.|
|Shorts Feed ad revenue||Estimated revenue from Shorts Feed ads and YouTube Premium for the selected date range.|
|Memberships revenue||Estimated revenue from memberships and gifted memberships for the selected date range.|
|Supers revenue||Estimated revenue from Supers, such as Super Chat, Super Stickers, and Super Thanks.|
|Shopping affiliate revenue||Estimated revenue from products from other brands featured in your content.|
|Product Tagging revenue||Estimated revenue from the YouTube Shopping Fund for the selected date range.|
|YouTube Player for Education||Estimated revenue from your content being viewed on educational technology platforms.|
|Estimated revenue (income)||Your total estimated revenue (net income) from YouTube revenue sources for the selected date range and area.|
Number of transactions from Supers for the selected date range and area.
Estimated monetized playbacks
A monetized playback is when a viewer views your video and is shown at least one ad impression. It can also show when the viewer quit watching during the pre-roll ad without ever reaching your video.
The number of legitimate views for your channels or videos.
Average view duration
Estimated average minutes watched per view for the selected video and date range.
Watch time (hours)
The amount of time viewers have watched your video.
|How much advertisers pay||Your revenue per 1,000 monetized playbacks where one or more ads show.|
|Earnings by ad type||Revenue broken down by type of ad, such as skippable video ads, display ads, bumper ads, and non-skippable ads.|
|Membership levels||Revenue broken down by level of membership, such as lightning tier, super fan, and VIP.|
|Total members||Your revenue for total members and active members. Active members are calculated by subtracting canceled members from total members.|
|How Supers make money||Revenue broken down by Super Chat, Super Stickers, and Super Thanks.|
|Top products||Which products you promoted got the most clicks.|
|Connected store impressions||How many impressions there were on your connected store.|