You may see "Comments are turned off." Here’s why:
- You’ve selected the setting to "Disable comments".
- YouTube may have turned off comments on some videos for safety reasons, like to protect minors. Learn more about this type of content.
- Your channel or video’s audience is set as "made for kids." Learn more about this setting.
- Comments on automatically generated Art Tracks are turned off. Learn more about Art Tracks.
- You’ve shared a video in a Community post, and the video’s comments have been turned off either by the creator or YouTube. Learn more about Community posts.
Comments turned off by creator in video’s settings
You can choose to turn on or turn off comments on a specific video in YouTube Studio. If you turn off comments on your video, viewers can't comment on your video. Learn how to choose your comment settings.
Comments turned off by YouTube
YouTube may have turned off comments on some videos for safety reasons, like to protect minors. This is not a result of your content violating our guidelines.
Depending on the video, channel owners may be able to turn comments back on. We know that comments are important to creators and viewers alike, but we also take the safety of minors seriously.
How can I turn comments back on for my video?
If comments on your video have only been temporarily turned off, updating your video’s comment settings will allow comments to appear on your video again.
If you re-enable comments and have minors in any of your videos, you should hold and carefully review all new comments. This lets you review comments before they're publicly posted to your videos.