Content intended to sell certain regulated goods and services is not allowed on YouTube.
If you find content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you've found multiple videos or comments that you would like to report, you can report the channel.
What this policy means for you
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it aims to directly sell, link to or facilitate access to any of the regulated goods and services listed below. Making the sale of these items or facilitating the use of these services possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed.
- Bank account passwords, stolen credit cards or other financial information
- Counterfeit documents or currency
- Controlled narcotics and other drugs
- Endangered species or parts of endangered species
- Firearms and certain firearms accessories
- Nicotine, including vaping products
- Online gambling sites not yet reviewed by Google or YouTube
- Pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- Sex or escort services
- Unlicensed medical services
- Human smuggling
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams and any other YouTube product or feature. Please note that this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that's not allowed on YouTube.
- Linking to an online gambling or sports betting site that is not approved.
- Selling counterfeit passports or providing instructions on creating forged official documents.
- Advertising escort, prostitution or erotic massage services.
- Content instructing how to purchase drugs on the dark web.
- A video of a user making a purchase with software that generates fake credit card numbers.
- Including a link to an online pharmacy that does not require prescriptions.
Please remember that these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think it might violate this policy.
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we'll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it's not, we'll issue a strike against your channel. If you get three strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.
Visit Creator Academy for more
Would you rather learn about our Community Guidelines through videos and quizzes? Take a look at our Creator Academy course.