Links that send users to websites featuring content that violates our Community Guidelines are not allowed on YouTube.
If you find content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you find many videos, comments, or a creator's entire channel that you wish to report, visit our reporting tool.
What this policy means for you
If you're posting content
Don’t post links in your content on YouTube if they fit any of the descriptions noted below.
- Links to pornography
- Links to websites or apps that install malware
- Links to websites or apps phishing for a user’s login credentials, financial information, etc.
- Links to websites that seek to raise funds or recruit for terrorist organizations
- Links to sites containing Child Sexual Abuse Imagery (CSAI)
- Links to sites selling items noted in our regulated goods guidelines
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Please note this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that’s not allowed on YouTube.
- A video featuring sexually themed content whose description says “click here to see what YouTube won’t allow!” and contains a link to a pornographic site.
- A gameplay video whose description contains a link to a website promising free in-game currency or online store credit but really links to a site that infects the user’s computer with malware.
- Posting a link to a phishing site that steals users’ banking logins and passwords.
- Instructing viewers to copy and paste an unclickable link in the video that takes them to a pornographic or spammy site.
- Any link leading users to a website, file hosting service, etc. that allows them to access or download child sexual abuse imagery.
Please remember these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think it might violate this policy.
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.