Content intended to sell certain regulated goods and services is not allowed on YouTube.
If you find content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you find many videos, comments, or a creator's entire channel that you wish to report, visit our reporting tool.
What this policy means for you
If you're posting content
Don’t post content on YouTube if it aims to sell directly any of the items listed below or links to sites that sell these items. Making the sale of these items possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed
- Bank account passwords, stolen credit cards, or other financial information
- Counterfeit documents or currency
- Endangered species or parts of endangered species
- Firearms and certain firearms accessories
- Nicotine products
- Online gambling casinos
- Pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- Sex or escort services
- Unlicensed medical services
- Human smuggling
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Please note this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that’s not allowed on YouTube.
- Linking to an online gambling casino in the video description or comments.
- Selling counterfeit passports or providing instructions on creating forged official documents.
- Advertising escort, prostitution, or erotic massage services.
- Content instructing how to purchase drugs on the dark web.
- A video of a user making a purchase with software that generates fake credit card numbers.
- Including a link to an online pharmacy that does not require prescriptions.
- Posting a link to gambling or sports betting sites within a watermark.
Please remember these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think it might violate this policy.
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.
Visit Creator Academy for more
Would you rather learn about our Community Guidelines through videos and quizzes? Check out our Creator Academy course.