Violent criminal organisations
Content intended to praise, promote or aid violent criminal organisations is not allowed on YouTube. These organisations are not allowed to use YouTube for any purpose, including recruitment.
If you find content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you find many videos, comments or a creator's entire channel that you wish to report, visit our reporting tool.
If you believe that anyone is in immediate danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency to report the situation immediately.
What this means for you
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.
- Content produced by violent criminal or terrorist organisations
- Content praising or memorialising prominent terrorist or criminal figures in order to encourage others to carry out acts of violence
- Content praising or justifying violent acts carried out by violent criminal or terrorist organisations
- Content aimed at recruiting new members to violent criminal or terrorist organisations
- Content depicting hostages or posted with the intent to solicit, threaten or intimidate on behalf of a violent criminal or terrorist organisation
- Content that depicts the insignia, logos or symbols of violent criminal or terrorist organisations in order to praise or promote them
If posting content related to terrorism or crime for an educational, documentary, scientific or artistic purpose, be mindful to provide enough information in the video or audio itself so viewers understand the context. Graphic or controversial footage with sufficient context may be subject to age restrictions or a warning screen.
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams and any other YouTube product or feature. Please note that this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that's not allowed on YouTube.
- Raw and unmodified reuploads of content created by terrorist or criminal organisations
- Celebrating terrorist leaders or their crimes in songs or memorials
- Celebrating terrorist or criminal organisations in songs or memorials
- Content directing users to sites that espouse terrorist ideology, are used to disseminate prohibited content or are used for recruitment
Please remember that these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think it might violate this policy
What happens when content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we'll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is the first time that you've posted content that violates our Community Guidelines, you'll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it's not, we'll issue a strike against your channel. Your channel will be terminated if you receive three strikes. You can learn more about our strikes system here.
Visit Creator Academy for more
Would you rather learn about our Community Guidelines through videos and quizzes? Take a look at our Creator Academy course.