Channel released by an MCN
Sometimes MCNs release channels from their network. This can cause your monetization status to change. Here are a few instructions to follow if you’re released from an MCN.
Check your monetization status
When you’re released it’s important to check if your channel is enabled for monetization.
If your channel is not enabled for monetization, take the following steps:
- Apply to join the YouTube Partner Program.
- Link your channel to an active AdSense account and make sure you set up a form of payment. You need an AdSense account to get paid.
- Make sure ads are on for the videos you want to monetize.
- Confirm your upload defaults so every upload is automatically monetized according to your settings.
Download historical revenue data
If you haven’t been released by an MCN yet, you can download your reports from YouTube Analytics. Once you’re released from your MCN, you will no longer see the revenue you earned while you were in the MCN. Other historical information like views and engagement metrics will still be visible in YouTube Analytics after your channel is released.
Remember that there are many resources available to you.
- You can get help from the YouTube Creator Support team as long as you’re in the YouTube Partner Program.
- If you're eligible, you can sign up for the channel consultation program and work with the YouTube Partnerships team.
- Every YouTube Creator is eligible for the YouTube for Creators Program. This gives you access to resources like workshops, meetups, channel consultations, production access to the YouTube Spaces, and more, depending on your benefit level.
- You can use the Creator Academy to build your audience and optimize your YouTube channel for success