Translate your own channel, playlists & sections
You can add translations for your channel, playlists and sections. This helps make your videos more accessible to fans outside of your home country so you can build a global audience.
Also, when you update your channel name, it will not be shown in all languages unless you add it to the translation for each language. You can turn off channel translations if you want to be able to edit your channel in any language or update your channel name in all languages at once.
Translate channel & sectionsIn your Google account
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to My Channel in the left menu (or View channel if you're in your Creator Dashboard).
- Next to your channel name, click the settings icon > Translating channel info.
- Click the box under Original language to set the channel’s language.
- Under Translate into, select or add the language you want to add your translated channel name to.
- Enter the translated channel name and click Save.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can set the translated titles for your Sections.
To access the API instructions, go to the Google Developers site and use the relevant localized properties.
Note: If you don't have access to this site, contact support to be added.
- On YouTube, go to your channel’s Video Manager. To get there, click your account icon in the top right, then select Creator Studio. On the left, click Video Manager, then click Playlists. You’ll see a list of playlists that you’ve created.
- Go to the playlist you want to add a translated title and description to and click Edit.
- Next to the playlist name, click on the menu icon > Translate playlist info.
- Click the box under Original language to set the playlist’s language.
Tip: You can also set this as the default language for all new uploads by checking the box next to 'Default for new uploads.'
- Under Translate into, select or add the language you want to add your translated title and description in.
- Enter the translated title and description, then click Save.